Central Roxborough Civic Association Meeting Minutes
May 2, 2019
Lt. Gordon – New PSA for 5th District
Lt. Gordon introduced himself to the group, spoke on a few topics and fielded questions.
- Theft from autos is still a really big deal. Lt. Gordon said:
- Lock car doors; do not engage the perpetrator
- Call 911 or even the district at 215-686-3050 or 215-686-3051
- Take a description, tags, etc. if you are able to do so
- Bingbong – graffiti "artist"
- Download 311 App and report observed graffiti
- CLIP will clean graffiti
- Attendee reported construction debris has been dumped from 639R Dupont St. onto the slope down to Green Lane. The debris is visible from 600 block of Green Lane. Lt. Gordon suggested using 311 to report.
- Attendee reported 3 homes were egged on 500 Block of Mitchell Street.
Philadelphia City Commissioners Presentation
Trina Bodnik spoke about the upcoming elections.
- Contact: 215-686-3460
- May 21, 2019 – Local Office Elections
- City Commissioners
- Register of Wills
- City Council: district and at-large
- Superior Court
- Court of Common Pleas
- Municipal Court
- We are projected to have new voting machines by November 2019. All of PA is required to change voting machines. Trina explained why the new machines are needed and described how they would work.
Block Captain Boot Camp
Josh Cohen, Chief of Staff to Councilman Curtis Jones, spoke about upcoming Block Captain Boot Camp. CRCA Board member Don Simon, based on his experience, said the Boot Camp is a very valuable experience.
Saturday, May 4, 11am at Overbrook School for the Blind.
Two on Tuesday
John Carpenter told us about Two on Tuesday
, a group that does cleanup and planting at several sites in the area, for example, Roxborough Reservoir, Fountain Street steps, and Germany Hill.
They have expressed an interest in helping with Edling Park. They typically gather at a work site at 6 PM and work for two hours. They are looking for new volunteers and hope to take on new sites.
They may post on The Roxborough/Manayunk Conservancy Facebook page but mainly communicate via email.
to the CRCA bylaws were presented. They will be voted on at the June 6th meeting.
Coalition of Civics
CRCA President Celeste Hardester updated the group on topics discussed at a recent Coalition of Civics meeting, including the Wissahickon Transfer Station and a possible project on Venice Island.